10. Workout clothes make thin people look hot. They make fat people look like sausages.
9. Things wiggle when you run. And if you don’t notice, someone will be happy to point it out to you.
8. Skinny hot people at the gym, while you look like a sweaty, red wildebeast with asthma.
7. Did I mention things wiggle?
6. Gyms. Gyms are terrible. Gyms make me want to drink my considerable weight in vodka.
5. The dude on the treadmill not breaking a sweat running like 8 mphs while you’re dying going 2.
4. THE. FUCKING. GYM.
3. Sports bras that fail to keep the begonias in place but will crush your ribcage.
2. Good luck FINDING reasonably priced gym clothes.
1. The snickering and looks you get for exercising while fat.
For me it’s all the comments feel it’s acceptable to make to you while/because you exercise.
Like, my mom told me how dumb I look when I run (in front of a neighbor who laughed with her) and I completely stopped running after that.
People are assholes. I’m sorry you have to deal with this shit.
FWIW where gym clothes are concerned — I’m on the thin side, but always wear baggy/oversized/tatty stuff to the gym. The gym is where I go to be gross and sweaty; the idea of shelling out extra monies for clothes that only exist to become extremely smelly makes no sense to me. Also being a smallish woman who’s frequently the only woman in the man-dominated strength suite means I’m already aware of being ogled and don’t want to invite further attention by showing more skin than my forearms.
I do NOT look graceful when I run. My face becomes a veritable ocean of snot and splotch and my eyes start stinging from the sweat pouring down my face.
I know it’s not the same at all. I just want to say I feel you, OP, in not being a creature of grace and delicacy at the gym. I wish you better experiences.